CapCut is now among the top video editing software on the present-day market. It has a fantastic variety of features that can help you with absolutely any kind of edit that you can think of. With that being said, all of you guys might be familiar with the new velocity trend going on in TikTok. The velocity edit allows you to slow down or speed up certain aspects of a video to help highlight it a bit. So, if you’re willing to hop on this new trend, here are some things you need to follow to make a smooth velocity edit.
Steps to Make a Smooth Velocity Edit
- Firstly, you need to launch CapCut on your device. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, go to the Google play store or App store if you’re using an iOS device. Download the app and launch it.
- Now, tap on the new project option to create a new video editing project. Then, start by adding your video to the timeline. Select the video from your gallery and tap on the add option.
- Locate and click on the ‘edit’ option at the bottom-left corner to activate the edit menu.
- Once you do that, tap on the ‘speed’ option. As soon as you do that, two options will pop up. One of them is the ‘curve’ option which allows you to make the velocity edit. The ‘Normal’ option is more concerned with standard manipulations about speed which we won’t be getting into in this article.
- Click on the ‘Curve’ option and then choose the ‘custom’ setting, by doing this, you’ll be able to access the beats.
- You’ll see 5 beats, meaning the video is divided into 5 sections.
- To speed up the video, go to the beat option and then drag it in the upward direction. Similarly, removing the best choice in the downward trend would slow the video down.
- If you’re willing to delete or add video clips to the existing video, you’ll have to figure out what a play head is. Now, drag the play head and put it at the point of the video where you want to add or delete a clip. Click on the delete beat or add beat option based on your needs.
- To save and make all edits stay, end this process by clicking on the tick option; doing this will apply all the improvements you’ve made to the video.
Making a Velocity Edit with Flash
If you want to smooth the velocity edit even further, applying the flash effects would do the trick. Hearing from people who use CapCut for velocity edits, we’ve confirmed that most of them prefer using the Overlay feature for adding white flash. But, it is for sure a little time-consuming. If you haven’t got that much time on your hands, you can go for a more straightforward solution to this issue. Using the transition effect is a simpler and less time-consuming way to get through this step.
- When you’re done with creating your velocity edit, take the play head to the video part where you’re willing to put in the flash effect. Now, click the edit button and then tap ‘split’.
- You’ll see that the transition icon appears; click on it to activate the transition menu.
- Click on the ‘Basic’ transition effect section, go through all the effects, and choose the one you like the most.
- Lastly, click on the white flash option and the check mark.
- That’s it; you’re now done with all the steps. All you need to do is open the video and look at how smoothly the velocity edit came out. To keep all of your work safe, click on the save button at the top right corner to save the video to your device.
Keeping up with trends has become an essential part of people’s lives these days, and when you decide to do it, you might as well do it the perfect way. We hope you found the best and easiest way to create smooth velocity edits from this article.